If you are missing out on the things you love -- walking the dog, playing golf, gardening, or playing with the kids -- it may be time to consider a knee or hip replacement.
Tailored for Success
This goal-based program is tailored to your individual needs for a safe and successful recovery. This program includes:
- A pre-operative education class offers an overview of what to expect from pre-op testing to discharge after surgery
- A printed guide for patients
- A private room with flat screen TV
- Nurses and therapists who specialize in the care of the orthopedic patient
- Many ways to manage your pain
- A physical therapist to help you increase your mobility and build strength
- An occupational therapist to educate you on protecting the new joint and the use of assistive devices to get dressed and attend to your personal care
- A discharge planner to ensure a thorough and safe discharge plan
- Arrangement for equipment, if needed
- Comprehensive discharge instructions
The Forward Motion joint replacement program at Duke Regional Hospital was developed by board-certified orthopaedic surgeons, orthopaedic nurses, nursing assistants, physical and occupational therapists, dieticians, case managers, and discharge planners.