If your family member or friend is a patient, the information below can help you plan your visit and get the most out of your time at Duke Regional Hospital.
Duke Regional Hospital strives to provide patient and family-centered care to our patients and their loved ones by practicing “family presence.” Family presence includes the loved ones of our patients based on the patient’s preference. Our policy is designed to
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for patients, families, support persons, and members of the health care team
- Ensure equal presence for families, loved ones, and designated support persons
What our patients can expect from us
Patients have the right to designate support persons including, but not limited to, their spouse, domestic partner, family member, or friend. They have the right to withdraw or deny access to visitors or support persons at any time. Duke Regional will not limit or restrict visitors or support persons based on race, color, national origin, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Duke Regional, and in order to enhance the quality of care during hospitalization, at times it may be necessary to impose restrictions on family presence. The patient’s physician or nurse will use their clinical judgment to determine if restrictions are necessary.
What we ask from our patients and their loved ones
We ask that our patients and their loved ones be respectful of other patients, visitors, and staff. For everyone’s safety, we ask that all visitors comply with the following guidelines.
- Wash your hands before and after visiting a patient
- Do not visit if you have a cold, sore throat, fever, or any contagious disease
- Keep noise to a minimum, observing quiet hours from 9 p.m. - 7 a.m.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco products on hospital property
- Check with the patient’s nurse before bringing gifts of live flowers, plants, food, or drink
- Latex balloons are not allowed inside the hospital
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times and should not be left in the lobby or other areas of the hospital without adult (non-patient) supervision.
- General visiting hours 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Designated support person and family Open access 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Psychiatry visitors Monday through Friday 12 p.m. - 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
An ATM is available on the third level near the main entrance.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the third level in the lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the Critical Care Unit, Emergency Department, Outpatient Services, Radiation Oncology, and surgery.
The cafeteria at Duke Regional Hospital is located on the first level and is open for:
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Late night (Sunday through Thursday): 12:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
- Snacks and beverages: 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Vending machines for snacks and beverages are available on the first level across from the cafeteria and near the Emergency Department entrance. They are available 24 hours a day.