At Duke Regional Hospital, you’ll receive a world-class level of care delivered by your friends and neighbors in a hometown environment of warmth and comfort.
Our 369-bed acute care hospital has been serving the health care needs of Durham, Orange, and surrounding counties for more than 35 years.
As a comprehensive health care facility, Duke Regional Hospital provides inpatient, outpatient, surgical, and emergency care and features a level II special care nursery, Duke Rehabilitation Institute, and the Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center.
Built on the tradition of caring of its predecessor hospitals -- Lincoln and Watts -- Duke Regional Hospital is proud to be a part of Duke Medicine and remains dedicated to providing the exceptional medical care with the personal touch and convenience only a community hospital can offer.
Take a look at what Duke Regional Hospital (formerly Durham Regional) accomplished in our 2013 Annual Report (739K, PDF).
To be the best community hospital in North Carolina by delivering high-quality, compassionate, patient-focused care in collaboration with our physicians and Duke University Health System.
What this means for our patients is care they can depend on, competent staff with up-to-date knowledge and skills, quality medical staff, and attention to what is important to the patient and family.
Quite simply, we strive to be the best community hospital in North Carolina.
To care for our patients, nurturing the sick and strengthening the well, and to improve the health of the community we serve.
Duke University Health System Values
In 2011, Duke University Health System adopted a system-wide values statement.
“Caring for Our Patients, Their Loved Ones, and Each Other” through:
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence in all that we do.
- Safety: We hold each other accountable to constantly improve a culture that ensures the safety and welfare of all patients, visitors, and staff.
- Integrity: Our decisions, actions, and behaviors are based on honesty, trust, fairness, and the highest ethical standards.
- Diversity: We embrace differences among people.
- Teamwork: We have to depend on each other and work well together with mutual respect to achieve common goals.
Learn more about the DUHS values.